At present, there are many types of switches on the market, and the quality is uneven, so what indicators should we pay attention to when purchasing?
1. Backplane bandwidth; Layer 2/3 switching throughput;
2. VLAN type and quantity;
3. Number and type of switch ports;
4. Support protocols and methods for network management. Switches are required to provide more convenient and centralized management;
5. Qos, 802.1q priority control, 802.1X, 802.3X support;
6. Stacking support;
7. Parameters such as switch cache and port cache, main memory, and forwarding delay of the switch.
8. Wire-speed forwarding, routing table size, access control list size, support for routing protocols, support for multicast protocols, packet filtering methods, machine expansion capabilities, etc. are all parameters worth considering, and should be investigated according to actual conditions .
Post time: Feb-06-2023